Knitting Knerd

Friday, October 10, 2008

Baby Hat #2 Completed


BabyHat2-1.jpg
Originally uploaded by missizii
And like Baby Hat #1, it went very quickly. I learned an important lesson with this hat - one ball Sugar 'n' Cream is enough for about 1.75 baby hats. Fortunately, I had a little bit of white to finish off the crown, as you can see. I think the hat would have looked better with a white brim, rather than a white crown, but my type A does not extend so far as to rip out 3/4 of a hat so that the brim, rather than the crown, is white. However, I will probably get a second ball of all the yarn I was planning on using for baby hats. Then I would get about three baby hats in each colorway. Is that too many baby hats in a color way? Maybe I shall only give one baby hat per colorway, and keep the others for future hatless babies.

So I have finished two baby hats, albeit in the same colorway. How many hats does a baby need? The hat pattern claims that this hat will fit (with the brim turned down) for quite a while. How long do babies wear hats nowadays?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home