Knitting Knerd

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Technicolor Knee Socks


TechnicolorKneeSocks2.jpg
Originally uploaded by missizii
This is my public-transportation knitting. Actually, any transportation as long as I'm not driving. They are knee socks based on the Hour Glass Sockulator. The pattern calls for toe-up, but I'm doing them top down so I can do a new type of heel. I haven't decided yet, but I think maybe I'll do a banded heel (picture & info is halfway down page).

The finished socks should have ribbing that completely covers my knees, and then plain shaped stockinette all the way down to my tippy-toes. I think they'll look awesome with pretty much any skirt. Sort of like leg-warmers, but not.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Another type of heel I recommend is an eye-of-partridge heel. The instructions are in several places on the internet, and the thing wears like iron. I've been doing them for 2 years now and I haven't had a pair of socks wear out in the heel yet!

    BTW the yarn you're using is gorgeous. What is it?

    By Blogger Noneofyourbusiness., at 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home