Knitting Knerd

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

What I did this weekend



I photographed and uploaded my entire stash to ravelry. I read that sentence, and look at the 70 (seventy!!!) photographs of yarn in my stash, and a cold shiver runs down my spine. Ravelry is awesome, and I really did need to go through the stash, but, really. Photographing your stash and posting those pictures to Flickr, because it makes your stash page look so pretty, is a level of knitting obsession I didn't know existed until now.


If you're not a member of Ravelry, and wondering to yourself "How bad could it actually be?" Well, there is photographic evidence. (Of course there is! I photographed my entire stash, ball of yarn by ball of yarn.) It's actually screenshot evidence. At normal size, my whole stash doesn't fit into one screen, but if you make everything very, very tiny by zooming out repeatedly, you get something like this:

You see how tiny the ravelry logo is? That's how small I had to make everything to get it to fit on one page. Ouch.

The whole process ended up being very good for me and the stash, however. I ripped out probably ten projects that I would never finish because I didn't like how they were turning out, or didn't want to make them any more. It's nice only having three projects going right now, with two of them hibernating. The old and fugly projects aren't hanging over my head, they have now gone back to stash land. I found a ball of yarn I didn't know I had, and I have no idea where it came from. Maybe some of my stash has finally figured out how to reproduce. Hooray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home