Knitting Knerd

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

On The Needles or On My Mind

Projects that are actually on the needles:
  • Baby Blanket from Vogue "On The Go" Baby Blankets 1. Baby is due in August - I have got to get moving. Intarsia hell soon to follow.
  • Multicolored Cotton Sweater for which I have lost the half-completed sleeve & associated circular needle & ball of yarn. I have searched high and low. I suspect, as per usual when knitting-related articles go missing, that my husband is involved with the disappearance. And, as usual, he proclaims his innocence.
  • Navy blue cardigan made of beautiful blue wool my parents bought in New Zealand. I will resume work on this when we move back north. Maybe.

Projects that are on my mind:

  • The Pea Pod baby hat from Interweave Press's web knits that I finished last night. It is perfect except for the fact that it is pointy. As in, it looks like an elf-hat. I am seriously considering frogging this tonight & trying again. So it might be back on the needles soon.
  • The Knitting Guild master's program, level 1. The yarn is in the mail for this, and I am itching to get started.
  • The Atlanta Knitting Guild's knit along project: a felted water bottle cozy. I will add a long strap to it & make it more like a water-bottle sling. This project is on my mind the most because of the decorating options it provides. I could do blue waves in different shades of blue with water drops on the strap. Or I could do a design inspired by pottery I saw on my recent trip to Greece. Or, I could do a plain boring one and embroider a martini on it, with olives on the strap.
  • The three chemo caps I have to knit from the cotton classic I bought for afore-mentioned Pea Pod baby set. The yarn estimates were, for the first time in my life, accurate, and so now I have three balls of Tahki cotton classic. I can understand why yarn stores don't accept returns, but I don't have to like it.
  • What to do with the growing pile of one & two & one-half balls of yarn (mostly wool or wool-blend) left over from other projects. If it weren't wool blend, they could be chemo-caps (my favorite odd-ball project). And if they were black, they could be soldier's helmet liners. As if they were the same gauge & blend, I could use them together to make some interesting color-work thing. But as it is, I am stumped.
  • Buying flannel liner for a blanket I finished in February & hemming it & attaching it to the knitted blanket. Finding flannel in July in Atlanta can be, ahem, somewhat challenging.

The first list is actually a lie. Those are the only projects I'll admit to. There may, or may not be, a dreadfully ugly, acrylic, lacey baby cardigan hidden under my stash. But I'm not telling.

I plan to post pictures of my latest finished work soon: Interweave Press's webknits Pea Pod Baby Set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home