Knitting Knerd

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Pea Pod Baby Set

The third time was the charm for the pea pod baby hat. This was the first thing I've ripped out twice before it was the way I liked it. And I am very, very pleased with how it turned out. The set was knit up in Tahki Cotton Classic. I think I shall probably make more of these - they're faster than baby blankets and so precious. How precious? I will let you decide.


The pattern for the Pea Pod Baby Set by Kate Gilbert can be found at Interweave Press.

2 Comments:

  • was the yardage correct it seems like a lot? I am about to knit the sweater in the largest size and almost 1000 yards seems excessive.

    By Blogger Knit Freak, at 8:48 PM  

  • I knit the smallest size sweater & the medium cap, and I had about 1/2 of a ball left over. So I would recommend going with the suggested yardage. It seems to me that many designers low-ball (heh!) the yardage required, and this designer was just honest about the yardage, so it's a surprising number. And depending on what yarn you use, you can make chemo caps out of the leftovers, if there are any.

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home