Knitting Knerd

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My leg


img_1626.jpg
Originally uploaded by missizii
is in a cast, and will be for the next two weeks. I've survived one week in the cast, and it's not super fun.

Two months ago, I fell down the stairs and badly sprained my ankle. I think the phrase "bad sprain" doesn't really do justice to the %$*@-ing ankle though. I ripped two tendons - one down the side, and one down the front. I thought I broke it because I heard a loud snap when I fell.

It's not healing. Actually, it heals, and then I think "Hooray, it's all better!" and then do something stupid like walk on it without my brace or crutches. And then I re-injure it. So to stop the cycle of slight improvement followed by reinjury, I'm in a cast. For a grand total of three weeks.

One week down, two to go. I'm working from home, and I am getting loads accomplished. And at night, I'm knitting like it's going out of style. It's easy to be productive when you're immobile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home