Knitting Knerd

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Sex-Change: Changing that Women's Sock Pattern to a Men's Sock Pattern

My husband's socks that I've been knitting up lately are a women's pattern that comes in one size - a woman's shoe size 6.5 - 8. Isn't that knice? All ladies with unusually small or large feet, kids, and men who want Knotty or Knice socks are out of luck.

It's actually not that big of a deal, if you own Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks. Measure your loved one's feet (getting that close is itself a sign of devotion). Figure out the pattern repeat. For Knotty or Knice, it's a 12 stitch repeat. Look it up in the book, and cast on.

So I actually haven't followed a sock pattern since I've gotten Charlene's sensational book. I knit all my socks toe up, always use a short row heel, and use her guidelines. That's it. One of these days I will add all the heel and toe variations in Nancy Bush's Folk Socks to my repertoire, but that day is not today.

Thanks to Alicia for this blog post idea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home